The application allows users to understand why they are not able to make the hard decisions in life. It gives users a system to understand their past decisions and help them make better decisions in the future. This application is designed to help users make relationship decisions.
Key Concepts: Applied Behavioral Economics, User Research, Contextual Inquiry, User Stories, and Lo-fi Prototyping
Tools and Langauages: Paper, Pencil, Scissors, Sticky Notes, Glue, Tape
There is a category of decisions that are:
- irreversible (or expensive to reverse)
- emotionally laden
- socially and emotionally complex
- we don’t make them often enough in love to get really good at them
- there’s no hard deadline so it’s easy to procrastinate (or decide not to decide yet)
Why is this so hard ?
- Cognitive Ease
- Hyperbolic Discounting
- Loss Aversion
- Anchoring Effect
Why don’t available decision-making apps work?
- Assume the user:
- has decided a decision is needed
- has pondered all possible choices
- Don’t allow for:
- non-urgent decisions
- combination of both emotion and reason
- granularity and context of individual situations
- Don’t help the user:
- understand her own rationale behind priorities
- utilize past experiences/decision
- Note down previous incidents and small decisions.
- Overview of choices over time gives insight into feelings about the relationship.
- Combines emotional and rational thinking
- Notifications actively prompt Dev to make a decision that he may be putting off.
- Write down what are you waiting for ?